By joining GreenFreight Europe now, your
company or organization would:
- Be one of the leaders developing the program, and driving
sustainable road freight transportation in Europe
Shippers, carriers and logistics service providers joining
GreenFreight Europe will be 'ahead of the curve':
- Able to reduce fuel costs and carbon emissions.
- Meet sustainability requirements from customers.
- Enhance brand recognition towards climate-conscious
- Get access to standardized and validated environmental
performance of carriers.
- Get insight into their carbon emission performance with the
possibility to benchmark.
- Benefit from sharing knowledge and best practice with other
- Have the ability to incorporate sustainability criteria within
the procurement of transport.
- Access tools to measure and report the carbon footprint of
their transport operations.
The program is inspired by the already successful SmartWay
Partnership which was developed in the US by the Environment
Protection Agency (EPA) and has been running since 2003 and by 2010
accounts for 30% of US road freight volume. During 2010, a group of
companies piloted the concept, identified adaptations needed for
the European market and recommended to further develop the program,
which now evolved into GreenFreight Europe.